1. Get upset
2. React rudely
3. Get frustrated
4. Run-away from/avoid the person or the situation
5. Blame the person
6. Preach to the person
None of these will in any way strengthen you.
Then what are the options? See rude behavior in this light:
1. It indicates the intensity of their commitment
2. It indicates the amount of stress and insensitivity
3. It projects the up-bringing of the person
4. It indicates a behavioral pattern
5. It shows lack of knowledge
6. It shows lack of observation of one’s own mind and its sensations
7. It shows you behavior to avoid
8. It is an opportunity for you to welcome and absorb the rudeness
9. It strengthens your mind
10. It unconditions the love that you are
The next time when someone is rude to you, make sure you don’t get upset.
Just give back a broad smile. If you can digest the rudeness, nothing whatsoever can shake you.